Tuesday, May 08, 2007

It Only Takes a Minute to Change a Life

Guys, I stole the title from Mr. Jolley, (http://www.williejolley.com) but the words are true. I was on my son's blog, WeAllBe (http://www.weallbe.blogspot.com/) and notice an article from the Commerical Appeal that he entitled: There are more College-Educated Black males in College than those in Prison!!!! Which deals with providing information on how more African American males are in college than prison.

The Appeal called the article: Accentuate College's Positive, Not Rap's Negative
By Dr. Michael L. Lomax
Click here for more

(image by r2c2h2 (Tha Artivist))

The article got my attention because many people think that most of our African American Males are currently in the prison system, but they are really not.

My concern in reading the article is that we as African Americans should stop to "Save Our Males" before the myth becomes a reality. I am on a true mission that is guided by my belief and trust in God that we as a race of people or individuals can also have a piece of the "American Dream". We too should take the village approach and help one another and provide knowledge by using various media. I chose to create a college infrastructure resource to be shared with individuals across the country and world.

The blog is my way of giving back to society. The blog is called Planning and Preparing for College (Scholarships, Internships, Etc). It is located at http://www.ctherd.blogspot.com/. The blog became National within a few months of its creation and has received a lot of national and local attention. The blog has been added to various websites as a college resource. AfamReport has currently added it as the "Best Site of the Week" for the 6th time. I am very appreciative that they like my blog that is an honor.

Overall, my goal is to promote the blog strongly to you and ask that you share it with others because the next few weeks are cruical to students trying to get into summer programs, internships, and the current "Class of 2007" to obtain various scholarships. It is also important to place indivdiuals on the proper timelines and to encourage the "Class of 2008" to start preparing now and to take the last remaining ACT/SAT prior to going on Summer break.

I am only one person, but have been a portal to hundredths and over thousandths of people. The blog is growing and will eventually have it's true place. As you read these final words, please take the time to make a difference in someone life. I did when I send it to you.

I also asked that you continue to pray for me and my family. The Devil is busy, but God is always on time.

If you get an overflow of emails that provide great knowledge and information in helping others, you too are a portal and should be honor that the deed has been placed upon you.

No comments: